Mt Suswa Hike — Crater & Caves Excursion
Mt. Suswa is an underrated gem on the Rift Valley floor. The double-crater shield-volcano promises an unmatched hiking experience and over-delivers on breathtaking views. This November, we dive into the enchantment of the Mt Suswa hike. We will not only conquer ourselves by going halfway around the massive crater but also explore the caves and Baboons’ Parliament.
Our hike starts at the road head on the edge of the inner crater. Here, we will enjoy breathtaking views across the 5km-wide crater. We shall then proceed to the caves, before returning to the road head. Next, our hike around the crater will take us to the summit, rising to an elevation of 2,356m above sea level. Once we conquer ourselves at the summit, we shall return to the road head to board our transfer vehicles back to Nairobi.
Mt Suswa Hike Distance & Stats
Duration: 6-8 hours
Child-friendly: Yes, 7 years and above
Adult residents: 2,999/=
Kids (7-14 years): 2,699/=
How to Book Mt Suswa Hike:
Book with 1,500/= to Mpesa buy goods till 989985 and clear the balance by November 12.
- Full event capacity: 30 participants
- Reservation will be made on a first-pay-first-reserved basis.
– Transport from Nairobi and back
– Conservancy fees & charges
– Guide fees
– A liter of water and 4 fruits
Mt Suswa Hike Itinerary
4:45 a.m Meet up at International House Parking, City Hall Way. Boarding opens.
5:00 a.m Departure for Mt. Suswa.
09:00 Arrival at Mt. Suswa crater road head
09:30 a.m Hike Starts
05:00 p.m Departure for Nairobi
- Please be punctual; latecomers will be left behind and forfeit the entire amount paid up.
- Waiyaki Way pickups should make arrangements with the team lead by 8 p.m on the eve of the event. Pickup stops will be no longer than 5 minutes.
- There will be no shopping stops in the morning. Please stock your supplies by the eve of the event.
– Valid identification document
– Comfortable, well-treaded hiking boots or sports shoes.
– Comfortable appropriate clothes
– Snacks e.g lunchbar, crisps, nuts, fruits
– Enough water (at least 2L)
– Sun hat or cap
– Hiking pole
– Change of clothes
Cancellations & Refunds
– More than 48 hours before the event date: 50% refund
– 48 hours or less: no refund
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
Help us protect you and others from infection. Please observe the following safety guidelines:
– Wear a mask at all times, especially while onboard a vehicle.
– Observe social distancing at all times.
– Observe proper personal hygiene when coughing or sneezing.
Below are some safety precautions we are adopting:
– Limiting sitting capacity in our vehicles:
* a 28-seater sits 15 people
* a 33-seater sits 18 people
– Requirement of a mask at all times while onboard a vehicle.
– Taking temperature readings while boarding a vehicle.
– Provision of sanitizers during boarding and onboard.