Aberdares Table Mountain Hike
The Aberdares trails deliver unforgettable experiences, filling you with all kinds of emotions, from awe to anxiety, and the Table Mountain trail is no exception. This February, we trek through yet another scenic trail on the Aberdares, with the promise of breathtaking views, as we indulge in our Aberdares Table Mountain hike. This will be an important hike for those undertaking the Beginner to Mt. Kenya Program, as it introduces them to the tougher Aberdare trails and harsh weather.
The 6km trail starts at the Wanjohi Shopping Center, taking us through an initial steep ascent, before easing onto a gentle trek through the moorland. The trail ends at the Table Mountain peak, at an elevation of 3,792m above sea level.
Aberdares Table Mountain Hike Distance & Stats
Duration: 6-8 hours
Aberdares Table Mountain Hike Itinerary
4:45 a.m Meet up at International House Parking, City Hall Way. Boarding opens.
5:00 a.m Departure for Wanjohi Shopping Center.
09:00 Arrival at Wanjohi Shopping Center
09:30 a.m Hike Starts
02:00 p.m Mandatory turn-back and descent in order to beat the curfew
05:30 p.m Departure for Nairobi
- Please be punctual; latecomers will be left behind and forfeit the entire amount paid up.
- Limuru Road pickups should make arrangements with the team lead by 8 p.m on the eve of the event. Pickup stops will be no longer than 5 minutes.
- There will be no shopping stops in the morning. Please stock your supplies by the eve of the event.
- Please adhere to the set turn-back time. Punctual departure for Nairobi means everyone gets back to Nairobi before curfew.
Adult residents: 3,749/=
How to book the Aberdares Table Mountain Hike
Pay at least 1,900/= to Mpesa buy goods till 5064783 and clear the balance by February 25.
- Total Number of Tickets: 40
- Reservation will be made on a first-pay-first-reserved basis.
– Transport from Nairobi and back
– Park fees & charges
– Armed ranger fees
– Guide fees
– A liter of water and 4 fruits
– Valid identification document
– Comfortable, well-treaded waterproof hiking boots or shoes. No sneakers or rubber shoes, please.
– Comfortable, warm appropriate hiking clothes. No jeans, please.
– Snacks e.g lunchbar, crisps, nuts, fruits
– Enough water (at least 2L)
– Raincoat or rain jacket and pants
*** Note: KWS parks no longer allow plastics in. Please carry your supplies in reusable containers.
OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED
Cancellations & Refunds
– Cancellation requested more than 48 hours before the event date: 50% refund of the booking confirmation deposit.
– Cancellation requested within 48 hours or less: booking confirmation deposit non-refundable.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
Help us protect you and others from infection. Please observe the following safety guidelines:
– Wear a mask at all times, especially while onboard a vehicle.
– Observe social distancing at all times.
– Observe proper personal hygiene when coughing or sneezing.
Below are some safety precautions we are adopting:
– Limiting sitting capacity in our vehicles:
* a 28-seater sits 15 people
* a 40-seater sits 22 people
– Requirement of a mask at all times while onboard a vehicle.
– Taking temperature readings while boarding a vehicle.
– Provision of sanitizers during boarding and onboard.