Trek to Mackinders — Mt. Kenya Day Hike
Mackinders Hike Distance & Stats
Duration: 7-10 hours
Mackinders Hike Itinerary
4:45 a.m Meet up at International House Parking, City Hall Way. Boarding opens.
5:00 a.m Departure for Mt. Kenya Naromoru Gate.
09:00 a.m Arrival at Mt. Kenya Naromoru Gate for registration.
09:30 a.m Departure for Met Camp
10:00 a.m Hike Starts
02:00 p.m Mandatory turn-back and descent in order to beat the curfew
EST 05:30 p.m Departure for Nairobi
- Please be punctual; latecomers will be left behind and forfeit the entire amount paid up.
- Thika Road pickups should make arrangements with the team lead by 8 p.m on the eve of the event. Pickup stops will be no longer than 5 minutes.
- There will be no shopping stops in the morning. Please stock your supplies by the eve of the event.
- Please adhere to the set turn-back time. Punctual departure for Nairobi means everyone gets back to Nairobi before curfew.
Adult residents: 3,699/=
How to book the Mackinders Hike
Pay at least 2,100/= to Mpesa buy goods till 5064783 and clear the balance by January 21.
- Total Number of Tickets: 40
- Reservation will be made on a first-pay-first-reserved basis.
– Transport from Nairobi and back
– Park fees & charges
– Armed ranger fees
– Guide fees
– A liter of water and 4 fruits
– Valid identification document
– Comfortable, well-treaded waterproof hiking boots or shoes. No sneakers or rubber shoes, please.
– Comfortable, warm appropriate hiking clothes. No jeans, please.
– Snacks e.g lunchbar, crisps, nuts, dates, raisins, or fruits.
– Enough water (at least 2L)
– Raincoat or rain jacket and pants
*** Note: KWS parks no longer allow plastics in. Please carry your supplies in reusable containers.
OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED
Cancellations & Refunds
– Cancellation requested more than 48 hours before the event date: 50% refund of the booking confirmation deposit.
– Cancellation requested within 48 hours or less: booking confirmation deposit non-refundable.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE:
Help us protect you and others from infection. Please observe the following safety guidelines:
– Wear a mask at all times, especially while onboard a vehicle.
– Observe social distancing at all times.
– Observe proper personal hygiene when coughing or sneezing.
Below are some safety precautions we are adopting:
– Limiting sitting capacity in our vehicles:
* a 28-seater sits 15 people
* a 40-seater sits 22 people
– Requirement of a mask at all times while onboard a vehicle.
– Taking temperature readings while boarding a vehicle.
– Provision of sanitizers during boarding and onboard.