Outdoorer Hiking Blueprint — Move From Zero to Hero In 10 Months
The Outdoorer Hiking Blueprint is a tried, tested, and approved journey through which a total beginner learns to hike and progresses on to become a beast hiker in just 10 months. It combines the three Outdoorer Hiking programs — Rookie Program, High90 Program, and The Altomatum — into a structured journey with a tangible growth trajectory and convenient payment plan.
My Assumption that we Could Walk Straight to Point Lenana With no Preparation was Misguided and Naïve
My idea to scale Mt Kenya was initially pegged on leveraging this momentous landmark to draw public attention to the teenage pregnancy menace in the country. Armed with a theme ‘Scaling the Heights to Save Girls,’ a meeting with Robert from Outdoorer to get some insights on what was required was held. The meeting… Read more “My Assumption that we Could Walk Straight to Point Lenana With no Preparation was Misguided and Naïve”
I had retrieved into a cocoon for far too long, constantly worried about my next seizure, if it would happen in public or if it would kill me. Joining the #beginnertomtkenya program meant that I was putting myself out there — into the public and into the woods, where help might have taken long to come my… Read more “I did it for my epilepsy”
If you told me a few years ago that I would be this outdoorsy person jumping from one mountain to another like some adrenaline junkie, we would have both laughed out loud. When I first started this journey, I was going through a phase in which I felt the need to do something extraordinary for… Read more “My true accomplishment was reaching the summit of my potential”
Outdoorer Hiking Blueprint 2022 Subscription
Kenyan Citizens & Residents*** total cost: Ksh 96,000/= billed as Ksh 9,600/= per month on the 1st for 10 months
Non-Residents: Not Applicable
***Resident cost may change if the relevant authorities review park fees before the end of the program.
Mpesa Buy Goods till 989985
Subscription Package Includes
- Transport from Nairobi and back for all events
- Park fees & charges at all events
- Armed ranger fees where applicable
- Guide services at all events
- Paramedic services at all events
- A liter of water, glucose, and fruits for the day hikes
- Full-board accommodation in mountain huts at Mt. Kenya
- Services of a professional team of guides, cooks, and porters at Mt. Kenya
Subscription Package DOES NOT include
- Hiking gear, clothes, and other personal effects
- Sleeping bag and porter's backpack
- Mandatory evacuation cover. If you do not have it, we can organize for your cover with AMREF for Ksh 1,600/= (one-month cover) or Ksh 2,500/= (annual cover) at no extra cost.
- Anything else not mentioned in the 'Subscription Package Includes' list
Other costs you might incur
- Hiking gear: thrifted hiking gear - Ksh 15,000-30,000; brand new hiking gear - Ksh 70,000-120,000/=
- Mandatory evacuation cover: Ksh 1,600/= for a one-month cover; Ksh 2,500/= for an annual cover
Cancellation and Refunds Policy
– The first installment of Ksh 9,600 is non-refundable and non-transferable to a future event or program.
– The subscription and sums paid are transferrable to a different person before January 1, 2022.
– Where cancellation is requested on or before January 1, 2022, Ksh 9,600 will be retained from the sum paid up. Any excess paid will be refunded in full.
– Where cancellation is requested after January 1, 2022 and before October 15, 2022, the sum paid up will be allocated to all events scheduled to occur on or before the cancellation date at the prevailing ticket rates, attendance notwithstanding. Additionally, Ksh 10,000 administration fee will be retained for the tutoring rendered during the program. Any excess will be refunded in full.
– Where cancellation is requested on or after October 15, 2022, no refund will be issued.
– The Outdoorer Hiking Blueprint subscription offers a bundled ticket and may not be split into specific event tickets. Therefore, no-shows may not claim any amount for any event they miss.
– The Outdoorer Hiking Blueprint subscription will be put on hold as soon as an installment falls overdue.
– The Outdoorer Hiking Blueprint subscription expires immediately an installment becomes seven (7) days overdue. The subscription is deemed canceled on the date of expiry and the cancellation policy applies.
– An expired subscription may not be reactivated. However, a participant may finish the program, subject to approval, by topping up the deposits paid to reach the sum total of the per-event rate for all events in the bundled ticket.
– Participation in the events is mandatory, otherwise, no adjustments will be made to the final cost.
– No-shows forfeit the entire deposits paid up.
I grew up as a reserved little girl who would not leave her comfort zone. I was shy but cheeky. I wanted life as stipulated by society—go to school, find a job, settle down, and have kids—in that order. However, life happened. I fell into depression; lost a lot of weight. The gym became my… Read more “Through adventure, I have found myself”
We have always realized the importance of friendship as a married couple and this brought us closer and strengthened our friendship.
We may not have summited Lenana but we made deeper achievements and long-lasting memories both as a couple and individuals. The nights were cold and long — I was unable to sleep all 3 nights — but I remained resilient and marshaled all the energy I had, and pushed to the limit, with Eric beside… Read more “We have always realized the importance of friendship as a married couple and this brought us closer and strengthened our friendship.”
I came across the #beginnertomtkenya program in December 2020, at a time when the pandemic had brought my business to its knees. I badly wanted to sign up for the program amidst these mixed emotions. I decided to not wait for things to get better, so I went ahead. My family and friends expressed concerns about how… Read more “My only resolution for the year 2021 was: do hard things!”